These four Roamers are designed for the Geographic Coordinate Grid System (GCS) (Latitude & Longitude). They do not work for UTM grids.
The samples are suitable for anywhere 100km north or south of the equator. Once you move out of that range, they will not fit the grid anymore and need to be adjusted.
How to adjust the Roamers to fit any GCS grid.
- Make sure you have the map of the area you wish to travel in.
- Accurately measure one grid block of the map. If the grids have not been drawn in you will need to do this now yourself using the grid markings in the margins of the map.
- Using this document in MS Word, select the Roamer for the hemisphere you are in, (NE, NW, SE or SW) then resize the image to match the size of the grid block you measured. (Use the format options of MS Word) In Office 365, left click the image and select “Format Picture” from the top toolbar, then adjust in the “Size tool”.
- Save this MS Word document.
- Print out the page and cut out the Roamer. It will now be ready to use on your map. If you regularly travel in this area, it is a good idea to laminate the Roamer so it will not get damaged.